There is a current need to fill the positions listed below.
- Distribution assistants – Distribute clothing and related items in a one on one manner with people in need. We go out as a team on Saturday afternoons.
- Haircutters – are needed to cut hair at our event at MHA in Santa Ana once a month on Saturday.
- Sorter and Marker – would help with organization for later distributions. This is scheduled to happen on Fridays 2 pm to no later than 5:00 pm in Irvine at the Woodbridge storage unit.
- We are looking for people with a heart for the homeless.
- Clothing The Homeless is a ministry of The Journey Christian Church, in Irvine, California, that is joined by various local churches that distributes clothing to the homeless on a regular basis. Some volunteers who join us are not from a church, and church membership is not a requirement to volunteer with us.
- We go out twice a month on Saturday afternoons. Our destinations are in Orange County. We meet in Woodbridge in Irvine as a team and carpool to the locations. Volunteers can also drive themselves and join the team at the distribution location.
- The distributions are done in an orderly fashion and are very organized. We help find the right sizes and articles of clothing needed men and women. The process of passing out the clothing is not difficult and we give training at the site. No one is ever left alone. If you have compassion for those less fortunate, you will be a blessing to the team. We pray together for God’s wisdom and guidance prior to the start of the event.
- Our main objective is to offer a caring and fun atmosphere for the people coming for clothing. We address them by name and if they desire, we pray for them.
If you feel you have a heart for this type of service to others, please contact us and be a part of demonstrating God’s love through action.
- Compassion and Patience: Compassion and a non-judgmental attitude toward homeless people. Many have suffered tragedy in their lives. We are there to help, not to judge why they are in this situation. Having patience and the ability to listen are wonderful skills. If you speak Spanish, even a small amount, it is helpful. We demonstrate our Christianity with action and love. We do not require you to be a Christian, but we do ask that you respect our faith and our desire to share our faith with the homeless.
Arranging and Directing Clothing Drives
We are looking for individuals to arrange and direct clothing drives for the homeless population in Orange County. We accept used clothing, but ask that it be clean and not have holes or stains. However, some items must be purchased or donated as new. You can do this at your school, workplace, church, neighborhood or in any other setting.
– Organization: You would be the one to collect the items and make arrangements with Clothing the Homeless for delivery.
– Willingness to ask: Ask friends, family, community members, and local organizations to help clothe the homeless through their generosity.
Sorting and Organizing Clothing
We are in need of volunteers who can come to the Woodbridge storage facility in Irvine (currently on Friday afternoons from 2 pm to no later than 5:00 pm) and help sort and organize clothing. We get donations we must sort through the donations and keep what is appropriate and pass on what is not. We then categorize the clothing by gender and type of garment. We mark the sizes on the outside with pre-made labels. This makes it easier at the time of distribution.
If you are able to give of your time for any of the following activities, please contact us at email@example.com:
Content copyright 2010-2017. The Journey Christian Church. All rights reserved.